Clinical Medical Sciences Department
The Department of Clinical Sciences at DAU College of Medicine was established in 2016, includes a group of distinguished medical doctors to train medical students and bridge years of basic science to clinical practice through training, professional field education and research partnerships that will contribute to improving medical practices at the local and international levels.
The clinical years (4,5 and 6) as patients’ encounter starts are divided into rotations through the clinical departments in medical and surgical specialties.
The units and committee under the medical education department:
- Medical specialties Unit: Clinical departments of (Internal Medicine, Primary Health Care, Pediatrics, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Basic Anesthesia, Community Medicine, Forensic Medicine &Toxicology, Medical Radiology & Body Imaging)
- Surgical specialties Unit: Clinical departments of (General Surgery, Orthopedics, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Otorhinolaryngology, Ophthalmology).
- Clinical Training Unit: This unit is responsible for coordinating the clinical training contexts of students in the clinical phase. It supervises the students during their rotations in different hospitals. In addition, it follows the agreements and collaboration contracts with the assigned hospitals.
- Hospitals and medical cities’ agreements and partnerships Unit: Clinical sciences department, through college of medicine DAU signed a memorandum of understanding with the different health clusters, medical cities, and hospitals in Riyadh. The main purpose of these agreements is clinical training of COM, DAU students during their clinical years and the internship program, for different courses as well as research. All medical students in the clinical years are benefiting from these agreements. Those hospitals include the following:
- Central Health Cluster 1 including, King Salman hospital, King Saud medical City and Alyman Hospital
- Central Health Cluster 2 including, Al Yamamah hospital, Prince Moh Bin abd alaziz Hospital, King Fahad medical City and primary care academy.
- Prince Sultan Medical Military City
- Suliman Al Habib Hospital
- National Medical care center (Two branches)
- Suliman Al Habib Hospital
- Saudi German Hospitals
- Exam revision committee: involved in the revision of exams of Clinical Sciences courses. (MCQ-OSCE)
The courses run under the department include:
- Community Medicine (COMM 311) 4 CHR.
- Forensic Medicine & Clinical Toxicology (FORM 321). 2 CHR.
- Medical Radiology & Body Imaging (RAD 366). 2 CHR.
- Internal Medicine (MED 341). 10 CHR.
- General Surgery (SURG 351). 8 CHR.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology (GYN 482). 8 CHR.
- Orthopedics (SURG 452). 6 CHR.
- Primary Health Care (COMM 421). 6 CHR.
- Basic Anesthesia (MEDI 045). 4 CHR.
- Otorhinolaryngology (ORL 432). 4 CHR.
- Ophthalmology (OPT 432). 4 CHR.
- Psychiatry (PME 462). 4 CHR.
- Dermatology (DEM 394). 2 CHR.
- Pediatrics (PED 474). 10 CHR.
- Medicine Practice (MED 442). 10 CHR.
- General surgery and Anesthesia Practice (SURG 453). 10 CHR.
- General medicine and surgery (DSBS 427). 1 CRH.