Students Affairs Unit
The Student Affairs Unit is the unit responsible for dealing with college’s students. It provides support services such as registration services and information on the student’s academic status. It is the link between the college and its students , with the Deanship of Admission and Registration, and with the Deanship of Student Affairs and the relevant university agencies. The unit plays an important role in assisting students expected to graduate and providing them with the needed assistance to complete their procedures easily.
The unit functions under the Vice dean for Academic Affairs.
- Receiving admission files, sorting them, completing the required data, reviewing and checking them, ensuring that they comply with the admission criteria and then referring them to the interviewing committee.
- Setting registration plan at the beginning of each semester and announcing it to the students.
- Addressing the registration issues that students face students at the beginning of each semester and adjusting their schedules to the student’s interest within the limits of the regulations.
- Preparing of schedules on the student information system (SIS)and the learning management syste(LMS).
- Registering students’ schedule, ensuring the students’ academic achievement in accordance with the study plan and preparing relevant reports.
- Follow up on students’ academic cases.
- Informing students of cases of warning, deprivation and other decisions, and following up on that with the relevant committees.
- Managing the attendance and absence of students and following up on related procedures.
- Assisting graduates in completing their graduation procedures.
- Assisting students expected to graduate in registering the remaining subjects for them and referring their applications to the Deanship of Admission and Registration at the university and follow up on that.
- Follow up on the reservation of classrooms and modify them if necessary.
- Receiving students’ requests regarding course equivalency, reviewing them and ensuring that they meet the requirements, presenting them to the committee and following up on these requests within the college. After obtaining approval, the applications are sent to the Deanship of Admission and Registration for approval and execution.
- Receiving applications referred from the Deanship of the College regarding alternative exams and follow up with the various departments.
- Proposal updates to the college management regarding internal regulations.
- Receiving new students at the college and providing them with advice and guidance to enable them to pass the first steps in the college.
- Assisting students in issuing college identification cards.
- Follow up on absences and medical excuses
- Checking the lists of deprivation and coordinating with the college deanship regarding students deprived of sitting for exams.
- Communicate with departments to determine and confirm lists of course coordinators