Saudi Board Programs in Dentistry:
The College of Dentistry at Dar Al Uloom University has been accredited as a training center for several Saudi Board programs in dental specialties.
– The Saudi Specialty Certificate in Restorative Dentistry Program:
The Saudi Specialty Certificate in Restorative Dentistry Program is an advanced educational program in restorative dentistry, which is designed to provide specialized, didactic, clinical and hospital training to upgrade the level of dental practice in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The Saudi Board program (SBARD) provides advanced instruction, knowledge, and expertise to prepare highly skilled dentists in the field of Restorative Dentistry.
– The Saudi Specialty Certificate in Prosthodontics:
The Saudi Specialty Certificate in Prosthodontics is a four-year training program that offers didactic, clinical and laboratory training in the field of prosthodontics. The Saudi Board (SBARD) program provides advanced instruction, knowledge, and expertise in order to prepare highly competent dentists in providing the highest standards of prosthetic care to the community.
– The Saudi Specialty Certificate in Endodontics:
The Saudi Specialty Certificate in Endodontics is a branch of dentistry that is concerned with the morphology, physiology, and pathological properties of the human dental pulp and the periradicular tissues. It encompasses the study and training in basic clinical sciences, including the biology of the normal pulp, the etiology, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of the diseases and injuries of the pulp and associated periradicular conditions.
The program, which spans over a period of four years, has been designed to satisfy the needs of those who wish to gain greater skill, knowledge and experience in clinical Endodontics, as well as a background in biological sciences. The program also includes active participation in formal lectures, seminars, book and literature reviews.
– The Saudi Specialty Certificate Program in Orthodontics:
The Saudi Specialty Certificate Program in Orthodontics is a 5-year clinical training program in orthodontics, which was approved by the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties (SCHS). Candidates who are accepted into the program receive intensive didactic and clinical training in orthodontics.
– The Saudi Specialty Certificate in Family Dentistry Program
The Saudi Board in Family Dentistry (SBFD) is a specialized course in dentistry designed to provide comprehensive didactic and clinical training that integrates the sciences of all dental disciplines to upgrade the standards of the dental profession in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The expertise provided by SBFD enables residents to become highly qualified dentists who can treat complex cases from any of the established specialties and provide quality dental health care.
The SBFD program is a 3-year, full-time postgraduate certificate program in family dentistry that provides advanced training in clinical dentistry and basic applied sciences and refines the skills necessary for a general dentist to provide comprehensive and advanced patient care. The program emphasizes treatment planning, coordination and clinical care for many patients with comprehensive treatment needs. An SBDF graduate should be able to work in any primary care center in the Kingdom and contribute significantly to the provision of quality treatment in the health care service.
– The Saudi Specialty Certificate in Pediatric Dentistry
The Saudi Specialty Certificate in Pediatric Dentistry is a four-year program designed to meet the educational standards of the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties. Upon completion of the program, the resident receives a Saudi Specialty Certificate in Pediatric Dentistry.
The program involves intensive clinical training in pediatric dentistry, which includes the provision of primary and comprehensive dental care for pediatric patients, including infants, children and adolescents, and for patients with special needs. In addition, it includes the diagnosis and treatment of occlusal problems. The Program objectives are achieved through lectures, seminars, didactic presentations, conferences and clinical practice.
ADVANCED EDUCATION IN GENERAL DENTISTRY RESIDENCY PROGRAM (AEGD)
Advanced Education in General Dentistry Residency Program (AEGD), a program at the College of Dentistry/Dar Al Uloom University, is a Two-Year Post Graduate Certificate Program in General Dentistry. It offers courses in basic sciences (oral pathology, oral histology, statistics, dental materials and research methodology) and restorative courses in different disciplines such as operative dentistry, endodontics, esthetic dentistry, dental implants, dental photography, removable prosthodontics, fixed prosthodontics, periodontics, practice management, pediatric dentistry and basic life support (BLS) training.
This program is designed for dentists wishing to enhance quality and predictability when managing restorative cases in a wide range of subject areas.
- To significantly increase general practitioners’ professional satisfaction and confidence when carrying out a wide range of restorative procedures.
- To enhance the quality and predictability of patient care.
- To be a source of well- educated general practitioners, to develop community collaborations, and bring advances in science to address the pressing oral health needs of our country, the nation and the world.
The goals of AEGD program are to:
- Facilitate the development of graduates with contemporary knowledge and clinical skills to work as highly professional Dental Therapists in restorative dentistry.
- Prepare the future leaders of dentistry, dental education, dental research, and community service.
- Apply scientific principles of learning in the field of oral health care.
- Develop the practitioners’ communication skills both in oral and written.
- Enhance the practitioners’ ability to make judgments in examination, diagnosis, treatment planning, and decision making during the course of patient treatment and assessing post–treatment outcomes.