Smart Learning Unit (SLU)
The SLU provides a wide range of eLearning-related services to facilitate teaching and improve student learning and engagement using technology-enhanced learning tools and techniques. SLU is established in the light of trends affecting the education landscape and in response to the growing demand to provide students with a flexible learning environment not confined by time and geographical location. The unit’s main responsibilities are as follows.
- To establish guidelines for the effective implementation of distance learning to meet the needs of the students for a richer and unique learning experience;
- To build staff and faculty skills in the use of technology-enhanced learning tools in teaching in line with DAU’s learning development guidelines and requirements
- To coordinate with the IT department in acquiring appropriate technologies in line with DAU’s Learning and teaching requirements.
- To explore partnerships to enhance DAU’s distance learning practices using pedagogy-enabled technologies and resources.
- To work closely with the colleges and IT to ensure technology use and alignment with DAU’s strategic direction and students learning experiences.
|Ms. Azza Omran||Manger|