The College of Business Administration (COB), Dar Al Uloom University has partnered with Refinitiv (formerly Thomson Reuters) and the official representative of DataStream to offer students and faculties unlimited access to real world financial market data for research and applied learning. As one of the world’s largest providers of financial market data, serving more than 40,000 institutions in approximately 190 countries, providing information, insights, and technology that drive innovation and performance in global markets, Refinitiv Eikon at COB ,Dar Al Uloom University brings in access to Reuters news and real-time content combined with Thomson’s historical data and analytics to create unparalleled breadth and depth of content and capabilities for research and analysis.
Refinitiv Eikon as a purpose-built platform for trade innovation that connects the world’s largest directory of verified financial data and professionals gives students and faculties access to arrange of powerful financial data and tools including:
- Trusted financial news, market-moving exclusives and expert insights delivered by 2,500+ journalists around the world, spanning all asset classes.
- Global, multi-asset pricing, terms and conditions, and analytics – typically with the longest history available, with data from 2,000 contributing sources.
- The most comprehensive company fundamentals data available, covering 99% of global market cap, across 150 countries, with direct access to the source filing for verification purposes
- Access Eikon’s real-time research collection of reports, gathered from nearly 1,300 actively contributing providers from 87 countries
- Refinitiv® I/B/E/S® Estimates cover 22,000 companies in more than 88 countries. Access granular analysis with industry-specific estimates, measured across 12 industries.
- Investment banking transaction data and new issues deal coverage – we include nearly 3.3 million transactions, from 225 nations, dating back to the 1970s.
- Fund performance data ratings, analytical tools and commentary covering 280,000 collective investments in 63 countries.
- Access one of the world’s largest repositories of energy fundamentals, pricing data, market-moving insights and forecasts.
- The execution management system, Refinitiv® REDI® EMS, delivers fast, efficient, and broker-neutral multi-asset global trade execution to take advantage of fleeting opportunities. Leverage comprehensive analytical tools to calculate scenario analysis, cash flows, correlations, volatilities and returns, for a variety of asset types and markets.
- Understand portfolio performance in real time and determine attribution and risk metrics.
- StarMine helps simplify stock selection process and make better and faster investment decisions. With Refinitiv® SmartEstimates® and can better predict future earnings and analyst revisions. StarMine Quantitative Models include valuation, momentum, earnings quality, smart money models and credit and sovereign risk models, to help identify opportunities and make better predictions.
- Datastream: The World’s Most Comprehensive Financial Historical Database is an industry leading analytical data source that enables detailed exploration of relationships between data series; perform correlation and relationship analysis; test investment and trading ideas; research countries, regions and industries, with timeseries available from the 1950s onward.
Trainings on Refinitiv Eikon are available at https://training.refinitiv.com .